We just sold out of our current production run, and will be doing another one soon, we estimate May.
DIY bumper kit.
- DIY version comes precision CNC bent, just not assembled and welded. Detailed assembly and weld instructions are available here: WJ Rear Stubby Bumper – DIY Assembly Instructions. General fabrication and welding knowledge/experience is recommended.
- See installation instructions here: WJ Rear Stubby Bumper – Installation Instructions.
- Two Enclosed compartments. Store your straps, chains, recovery gear, trail snacks, whatever your heart desires
- Each compartment approximately 4″ x 4.7″ x 16″ in size.
- Integrated 2″ hitch receiver
- Mounting cutout for factory 7-pin trailer plug is included, bolt it in and retain your stock trailer plug!
- 3/4″ CNC precision cut D-Ring shackle tabs that tie directly into the bumper mounts for ridiculous strength
- By removing the factory sheetmetal bumper structure to mount this bumper, you are getting the highest clearance rear end system on the market.
- Factory sheetmetal WILL need to be removed at the rear of the jeep, and under the quarter panels. We strongly recommend using our Lower Quarter Panel Replacement.
- New bumper offers a similar amount of coverage as the factory steel bumper structure, just far stronger.
- While this bumper has been designed to compliment fuel tank tucked rigs perfectly, it is not necessary or mandatory to install the bumper.
- If you are not tank tucked, you will have to trim the outer portion of the driver side to allow fitment of stock fuel lines. We do have skid boxes to cover your fuel lines if you go this route, but in limited quantities, contact us if you need one.
The strongest rear bumper mounting system…period.
- 1/4″ Precision CNC bent angular bumper mounts equals strength in multiple directions
- Integrated into all factory hitch/fuel tank hardware locations (replacement metric hardware optional)
- Laterally supported by 2 new bolt locations on the sides of each frame rail (hardware included)
- Outer “wings” bolt to the Lower Quarter Panel Replacement panels, adding tons of rigidity
Swingout Tire Carrier
- Tire mounting:
- Designed to fit up to a 37″ tire and still remain totally below the roof line..throw up a 40 and it’s about as high as stock roof rails
- Angled to sit tighter to rear hatch glass
- Centered design, anything 35″ or over leaves no rear visibility anyways, and larger tires need to be centered to fit between the taillights. If you wish to offset the carrier, the DIY option is the way to go, allowing you to set it up to suit your needs.
- 2,000 LB rated dual lock safety latch, no popping open on it’s own!
- 1/2″ Pin T-Handle latch to hold swingout open in multiple positions for maximum convenience
- Fully braced and gusseted for maximum strength
- Bottle opener….because why not!
- Optional licence plate bracket, comes bare steel, loose, so you can mount it where you like. Weld or screw to bumper or tire carrier to fit your needs.
- While the bumper does include a 2″ receiver hitch, and it is boxed in very well, it included for recovery purposes only and is not intended, nor certified, for towing. Tow at your own discretion. The factory receiver hitch can be retained if heavier towing capacity is desired.
- This bumper does require removal of the stock rear sheetmetal bumper structure. The new bumper does add significant amount of structural integrity, and provides a similar amount of coverage and safety as the stock sheetmetal, Due to it’s high clearance design, it does visually reveal more under the vehicle than the stock bumper fascia.
- A fuel tank tuck is ideal for aesthetic purposes, but is not required. The bumper can be installed with factory fuel tank location, and tank tuck completed at later date if desired.
- If not tank tucked, your fuel lines will be exposed unless you choose to add our fuel line skid plate.
- Lead times: We try and get these out within 2 weeks of order, unless we are running low on inventory. If you have a time sensitive need, contact us BEFORE ordering!!