Whether you’re getting ready to install the Trail Forged high clearance rear bumper, or you’re working on your own project and want to eliminate that ugly, low-hanging sheet metal from behind the rear tire…. We have the solution for you!
- Eliminate that ugly stock sheetmetal that’s just begging to get smashed on obstacles, and looks awful when you remove the stock plastic bumper cover
- Net around 5″ of added ground clearance behind the rear tires!
- 3 piece per side design fully encloses the area that gets cut out, leaving you with factory like fit and finish, just way better
But why wouldn’t I just cut some sheetmetal at home and weld it in? Well, here’s what you get with the Trail Forged Lower Quarter Panel Replacement…
- 3D CAD designed to match body lines, curves, etc. Means you cut the old stuff out, and the new parts line up right!
- 14 gauge precision cnc cut and formed in house. This will give you a clean, professional factory look that’s entirely weather sealed, and structural to boot.
- Layered, press broken design adds massive amounts of structural rigidity to the weak WJ D-pillar area. It’s strong enough we’ve added tie in points for the Trail Forged rear bumper system for ultimate strength!
- Integrated sunroof drain holes, stop pouring your roof drainage inside the cab area and start dumping it outside like it should have been from the factory
- This product does require extensive cutting into stock sheetmetal, removal of foam, paint, and undercoating, and welding to thin sheetmetal. We don’t recommend undertaking this project unless comfortable working with the stated materials and processes. Check out our detailed instructions here: WJ Lower Quarter Panel Replacement – Installation Instructions.
- We suggest stitch welding the new panels in, and using a quality seam sealer on edges and seams for the best possible result.